Wednesday, March 25, 2009

 

The Zero Sum Game

(2)

The reason I woke up at noon today was that I was gassed and irradiated quite heavily for about 4 hours the previous night. Concerning tomorrow's snow, it will probably be lovely, but there will be no yum-yums in shorts running by on the Highline Canal Trail, and the tree swallows will find only a dish full of snow. So now what? I need a subject... something with an emotional connection... Aha! Money! Jews have (in effect) stolen some of my money. Time for revenge!
I begin with the observation that one of the Jew Madoff's yacht's was named, 'BULL.' I can't resist the intuition that Madoff's motive was intended to be descriptive in two ways: 1) The name described his 'basic market orientation.' 2) The name described his business. The name of the yacht was actually a 'double entendre,' and all who participated in his scam 'got the joke.'
This brings us back to the idea of money. When is enough, enough? Madoff had more money than he could ever spend; he had more watches than he could ever wear; he had more yachts than he could ever sail. Even I - paragon of moral behavior that I am - fall into that category of having too much: I have more panties than I can ever wear. I have hundreds of panties. I have a hundred or so that I have never yet worn! Will never wear! Yet I continue to buy panties. I can not seem to get enough panties. It is a pathology which is very obvious to me. I admit it. But 'panty fetishitism' is not a zero sum game. My purchase of a package of size 14 cotton panties from Wall Mart on thursday afternoon does not deprive some poor obese woman of underwear. There are more than enough panties to go around. Panties are ubiquitous. And cheap! I pay about $2.50 for a pair of new panties (I am not at all into 'used' panties).
But 'money' is a 'zero-sum game:' If I have it, you don't have it. Either-or.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?