Wednesday, March 25, 2009

 

It Could Have Been Worse

(1)
I'm back really early this week. I have various excuses which you may find more or less convincing: 1) Snow tomorrow. 2) Woke up at noon. 3) I'm no longer interested in the stock market, which is to say that I fired myself for poor performance. The first two are typical for me but the last needs a bit of eluc(stomp above me)idation (the stomp is probably Gerash's way of taking credit at least partially for my poor performance):
The entry below titled, 'Too Many Irish Washerwomans' pretty much describes what happened. At first my stock purchases were profitable. I made about 300 bucks. I got cocky and bought about 4000 dollars worth of various stocks, including 100 shares of General Electric. Soon thereafter they all headed South. I failed to sell for a modest loss. They all plunged further. My losses mounted over about two weeks. GE eventually closed at $6.66. One ignorant (Jewish?) prognistigator predicted that it would go much lower.
Meanwhile, my research into the stock market had become too much like work. (As a retired person I really dislike work. Really. Even when I was working I disliked work. Indeed, I have never liked work. Never. Ever. My life's motto has always been, 'If it ain't fun, don't do it.' This attitude was formed in me at the age of 13 by an ugly old nun at the orphanage. She was the cook. She heard me criticizing her chocolate pudding. She punished me by making me scrub her dormitory floor every saturday morning for the next two or three years. The job took me all of Saturday morning. All the other kids got to play except me. I hated the old bitch, and she hated me. She must have been about 80 years old. I think her name was, 'Sister Mary.')
To sum up, my emotional brain advised me that it would no longer tolerate all this stock market bullshit. My logical brain agreed that it could not eliminate the possibility that Judeo-Faggot forces (being gassed here!) were manipulating the market based on my stock purchases. I sold all and got out.
The market went up immediately, of course, leaving me in the dust with a $900 loss. Oh well.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?