Friday, February 20, 2009

 

Trust Nobody

(1)
Whew. What a week. It all began on monday morning...
I went to Kaiser for my pre-colonoscopy protime test. That done, I made my way upstairs to the pharmacy and got in line. Mission: acquire a replacement for the Colyte I had bought the previous week. Reason: the seal was obviously broken. Something noxious might have been added to the mix. I requested a replacement based on the broken seal. Request denied because it was a prescription. I needed to get another prescription. Barf. Reconsideration. The Head Dude was called. HD explained that the seal was often broken by the consumer who often removed the top in a violent manner, breaking the seal, and that I should not worry about the broken seal because I was almost certainly the culprit who broke the seal. I insist on a new bottle anyway. Irritating. 'Did you bring the broken Colyte?' No. Go home and bring it back and we will replace it. I go home and bring back the broken bottle. A brand new bottle is waiting for me. My name is pasted on the new bottle. I give them the old bottle. HD then opens the new bottle violently, apparently breaking the seal. 'See what I mean?' says HD. I explain once again that I will not accept a bottle with a broken seal: Give me a new bottle. Do not open the bottle. Let me open the bottle. HD caves in, gives me a new bottle. No name on it. I open it carefully. The seal is intact. I accept the new bottle. End of incident. Yeeesh...
Background: I had asked the woman who gave me the Colyte to check the seal. She opened the bottle in front of me. The seal appeared to be intact but I did not actually verify that. I then made the mistake of leaving the bottle in the car as I shopped at King Soopers for about 30 minutes before going home - plenty of time for Mad Mirror Molester to enter the car and break the seal. I discover the broken seal that afternoon. The seal is attached by about 1/8 inch of glue. I decide to replace it on tuesday of the next week.
Lesson learned: Assume that MMM is still on the job after all these years... trust nobody.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?