Friday, February 13, 2009

 

Embracing Reality

(3)

Much in the news recently is the subject of airplane crashes. Such crashes are occasionally tragic, as was today's example of an airplane known for 'ice intolerance.' Hmm. Can I do an article on the recent water landing in the Hudson River? Lessee...

----------

New York City, NY -

The hero-pilot of the recent crash in the Hudson River gives an exclusive interview to WTVR TV News tonight at ten PM. Be sure to tune in for the most recent version of an ongoing national story. In our 'leakage segment' this evening we present the following video clips for your eventual edification. Be advised that the following clips are only excerpts of the entire astonishing interview which spans a full 15 minutes:
..........

WTVR: What went through your mind when you realized that your only 'runway' was a river?
SULI: 'Wahoo! We got it snock-jockered!'
WTVR: Is that an actual quote from your conscious mind?
SULI: Exactly. I remember it to this very second. It was the most memorable realization of my life!' I knew at that point that we were all home free...
WTVR: What gave you such a degree of confidence?
SULI: A single flight back in the '70's. It was my only flight in an amphibian. I did a water landing on Marston Reservoir, and my instructor must have been something of a prophet.
WTVR: Prophet?
SULI: Prophet! He said to me at the time that if I ever did a water landing, the most important thing to remember was not to lower the landing gear: 'Water loves smoothness. Water is violenty reactive to sudden changes, but flows readily with time. Remember not to lower the gear!'
WTVR: How were his words prophetic?
SULI: I remembered and applied his advice to the most recent landing. The result speaks for itself.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?