Friday, January 09, 2009

 

Eyeless in Gaza

(1)
After reading last week's drunken posts it seems prudent at this time to reassure you that when I say something like, 'I know you and you know me...' I am only 'being drunk.' I know you readers only as fellow human beings. Indeed, your personal lives are of no interest to me at all. And, please, try not to be too upset by my stupid opinions.
I finally figured out the math formula for translating Palestinian casualties in Gaza into the relative numbers in other populations: p/g(c)=x (divide the population of Gaza (g) into your nation's population (p), then multiply the result by the number of Gazanian casualties (c). This formula gives, for the U.S population of 300,000,000, a comparable causualty count of about 150,000, of which about 44,000 are children, based on the latest death count in Gaza of 750.
Did I get that right? (It amazes me as I write this how easy it is for me to do writing while 'under the influence' but how hard it is to do math under the same conditions.)
It would be interesting to apply this formula to the Israeli side, but I don't have the figures at this time. My guess is that the result of such a comparison would be 'eye-opening.'
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?