Friday, January 09, 2009

 

Decisions, Decisions...

(2)
Just checked up on Kootch at 1600L and found her cooking up a batch of Tempura. Yum!
And I am happy to report that my recent foray into the world of stock trading has so far yielded a profit of about 150 dollars after expenses of 14 dollars per 'round trip' (buy, sell). I have still not 'read the instructions,' prefering to 'make it up as I go along.' I do have a 'guiding principle,' however: 'What goes down, must come up, eventually.' This is a temporary guiding principle based on the fact(s) that stocks never drop below zero; that stocks tend to oscillate up and down over time, and that currently stocks are nearer to zero. As stocks recover toward historical levels that guiding principle will need to be revised, of course, but by then I will be out of the market.
Recent buys and sells have been interesting to me emotionally: I find that I tend to make snap decisions based on very little information in the case of 'buy' decisions, and that I tend to make premature 'sell' decisions based on the principle that 'you don't go broke making a profit.' All transactions were in lots of 100 shares, with a share price below ten dollars. My most recent purchase (today) was a 500 share deal, the eventual result of which I will report in the near future. I must admit at this point that I am wondering about the ethics of publishing personal stock purchases on a blog.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?