Friday, December 19, 2008

 

Schadenfreude Nation

(1)
It's been a very muddle-headed day so far in spite of the fact that I got enough sleep last light (I think). Things began going downhill Tuesday night:
----------
(Bed at 2230. PRUB 2230-2330; HEAVY PRUB, IRFS 0430-0600) (Up at 0630).... (bed at 1915) (and I could go on and on...)
----------
Tonight's beers will not improve things, of course, so get ready for a short one. Short and not so sweet.
The big news continues to be the bizarre case of Bernie Madoff, Jewish money guru, who bilked a bunch of trusting idiots out of 50 billion dollars. I've been enjoying this case all week, schadenfreudwise, as I watched it unfold on tv. The most interesting aspect of this case to me was that many of his victims were fellow tribemembers. Sort of reminds me of how many Jews did Hitler's dirty work in the Nazi concentration camps late in WWII. The lesson is that tribal interests are often secondary to personal interests. And pardon my simple-minded reasoning at this point, but I wonder how many Jews were convinced to trust Bernie Madoff based solely on the shape of his nose? (Naughty me!) (Oy vey!)
Here is a timely piece from MSNBC regarding this odorous subject, originally by Newsweek.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?