Friday, December 26, 2008

 

Religion is a Ponzi Scheme

(1)
I'm beginning a little early today due to a lethargic stock market and a lethargic brain. Yesterday (Christmas Day) was spectacular, brainwise, but today is a downer. 'Sleep' is, as usual, the defining factor. Interestingly, too much sleep can be a bad idea (for me at least) because when bedtime comes I am still wide awake, and as a result don't get enough sleep that night. True, you can solve that problem by sleeping late; but I have to contend with an insane stalker who can easily prevent such a solution. So I'm sleep-deprived at the moment. I will spare you the radiation details except to say that I spent 13 hours in bed the night before (Christmas Eve).
Nevertheless! I just finished reading last week's posts (for the first time) and am very satisfied with them. (I usually do a 'read' on Monday after a shot or a beer, but skipped it this time. The purpose of the 'read' is to correct any embarrassing drunken crap I might have written the previous Friday night.)
My new job of Idiot Stock Trader is going well so far, in the sense that my 'tuition fees' are minimal and most of my account money is still available for trading. I now own 200 shares of cheap stocks which are looking more and more like 'long term investments.' Barf.
I continue to be fascinated by the Madoff Matter, of course, because it demonstrates that Jews are people too. Really. And not only are Jews 'people,' Jews are people who have a sense of humor, and Madoff is the succinct example of that. Here is what I mean:
Italians stole the Jewish religion from the Jews. Those Italians later confirmed that the stolen religion was a very profitable venture. They then parlayed that stolen religion into a giant ponzi scheme which recruited billions of people, leaving the original inventors behind as historical victims.
Enter Madoff: He immediately recognized that fact. He wanted revenge. Jewish revenge. Sweet Jewish Revenge presented itself in the form of that old familiar Italian maneuver, in this particular case named after a son of Italy called 'Ponzi.' Madoff determined to out-Ponzi, Ponzi. And it worked for a while.
But Ponzi Schemes eventually fail.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?