Friday, December 05, 2008

 

Overcoming HCL

(3)
1921L and I am on a reasonably placid booze trip so far tonight. I just checked up on Kootch and found her already asleep. Before hitting the sack she whipped up a batch of sauteed onions and potatoes. Smelled yummy. Should go quite well with yesterday's leftovers.
I think I've solved the hydrochloric acid problem related to booze night. I was so determined to solve the problem, in fact, that I actually did an experiment: I dropped the contents of a capsule of Omeprazole into a glass of water at room temperature. I probed the little cylindrical entities (which had dropped to the bottom) with a sharp instrument. Solid. I waited, probing from hour to hour. Over the hours they became more malleable. Eventually, after 12 hours or so, they floated to the top. Ha! I eventually theorized that my acid problem was due to the fact that after 12 hours my defense had evaporated. The beer generated huge amounts of acid on an empty stomach (on top of six previous hours of caffine-containing Diet Pepsi) and midnight food generated the rest. I was an acid factory, generating enough acid to literally burn my sigmoid colon not to mention my butthole.
So. New procedure: do another 40 mg of Omeprazole before eating after boozing. Supplement with antacid liquids as seems appropriate. Tonight is the 'acid test' of the theory. I will report the results next week.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?