Friday, December 05, 2008

 

My New Job

(1)
TGIF again, and after a week or so of 'working' I am ready to relax with some booze 'n blog. The 'work' consisted of opening a stock trading account, then beginning a course of study of 'the stock market in action' using the web (mostly CNBC.com) and my tv sets. I also have a 'potty book' about stock trading which I refer to from time to time but have not actually read yet. This is typical 'me' who prefers to read the directions only as a last resort. By Thursday I was ready to make my first move: F: 100 shares. Within minutes of my purchase F took a nose dive, and last I looked I was down about 30 bucks. Barf. I explained to Kootch that I was 'paying tuition' on a course in stock trading 101. She suggested companies which produce food: 'Everybody's gotta eat.' Hmm! Maybe she's not so dumb after all...
So now I am learning a new emotion, the feeling of 'stock trading idiot.' It's not all that bad, actually, since I limited my first purchase to 100 shares. Maybe I'll read the book... Nawwww. Not yet. Good thing I didn't buy a thousand shares? I think. Maybe. Maybe not.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?