Friday, December 19, 2008

 

A Job is a Job

(2)
My own money management has been going well this week, although I think I've lost the profits from my sale of F last week (haven't looked today). My strategy in this case will be that my most recent purchase will become a more or less long term investment if I am unable to make a profit in the near future. I think we 'bottomed' on November 21. I could be wrong, of course, but my reading of many stock charts convinces me for the time being. (1801L and I just checked in on Kootch. Still awake, but lights off...) This 'strategy' is available only because we are in such a down market, of course, and there is no way but up.
The ScotTrade site has excellent tools including streaming real time quotes and other stuff for folks who are ready and willing to 'pull the trigger' on this or that stock for a quick profit, but I am a low volume trader who is only 'nibbling at the bait' while I learn the business. Most of my money remains in cash, ready to pounce. But I want to clue you in on a valuable web resource for stock traders: Google Finance. Example: I want to see where my 100 shares of STX is, but I don't want to sign in to ScotTrade, so I consult Google Finance for STX: (Ratfuck. I'm still losing money.) I will be looking at STX again monday morning and will sell for a reasonable profit (hint, hint) and I am ready to commit more funds as indicated. (For what it's worth, I enjoy C-III much more than I enjoy my new hobby of 'stock trading idiot.' But what the heck, a job is a job.)
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?