Wednesday, October 01, 2008

 

... Like a Mad Dog, Too Dangerous to Bother.

(3)
Which brings us to the most recent presidential debate between McCain and Obama. I found it mildly interesting until the (being gassed here, RLG) question of Israel surfaced. Both candidates did the accepted Modern American Political Maneuver in that regard (both needing Jewish money and Jewish votes). But in a question of 'Israel vs Iran' both seemed to regard Israel as a kind of Western Infant amid Muslim giants who were about to devour the poor little fledging 51st state. What nonsense! I can tell you this, folks: it was painful for me to watch them both kiss the American Jewish Ass in such an obvious way. But I am a pragmatist. I understand. True, I don't personally kiss Jewish ass, but on the other hand I am not running for anything. So I understand. I tolerate. Politicians will be politicians. As Jesus once said: 'Politicians you will always have with you.' So:
Question: Is Israel really a 'babe in the woods?'
Answer: I think not. Israel has long been in possession of hundreds of nuclear weapons.
Question: But what about Iran? Isn't Iran a real threat to Israel?
Answer: Not exactly. But Project Daniel seems to disagree.
These Wikipedia articles pretty much summarize the matter, but there is more. (Aren't you glad you don't work for the State Department?.) And don't forget The Sampson Option.
Meanwhile we have to consider the question of whether the IAEA is currently a reliable ally in the war against weapons of mass destruction given the current international climate of, 'Huh?!'
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?