Friday, October 24, 2008

 

I'm Late for a Good Reason.

(1)
Looks like I'm back to my Friday 'booze night' schedule for the time being. The problem is gastric upset apparently related to all that beer in one evening. I say 'apparently' because the cause/effect relationship is a bit tenuous. GI upset doesn't seem to follow a rigid pattern but is only associated with all that beer. Sometimes there is no GI upset. Other times there is violent upset. In a most recent case an entire day separated the 'cause' from the 'effect.' So I am attempting to eliminate possible causes. Beer is the number one suspect, so no beer tonight, only whiskey (it may well be a short night!). Another possibility is peanuts (honey-roasted). No more of those until I have figured this out. And I will figure this out.
Unfortunately I can't say the same for my deluded HMO, Kaiser Permanente. You may recall that I visited Doctor Anna with a GI problem. She suggested (or agreed with my suggestion) for a colonoscopy given my history of colon cancer. But when I remarked that her suggestion was 'interesting' given that after my most recent colonoscopy several years ago I was pronounced 'cured and to come back at age 75' (optimistic!), she did an about-face, ordered me to take my panties down, stuck her finger up my ass, mashed my prostate until I felt a burning sensation, then proffered a new diagnosis of prostatitis and prescribed Cipro, the antibiotic of last resort. She then failed to inform me of her 'revised diagnosis', handed me a piece of paper and shooed me out. I got home, read the piece of paper, discovered that I did not have a bowel problem but a prostate problem?! Huh!? Very confused, I made another appointment with Doctor Anna. She was very pissed off that I had had the temerity to seek her again so soon. Her nurse called and tried to pre-empt the meeting. Failing that Doctor Anna kept me waiting for an hour. When we finally met in a private room I recorded our conversation. I asked her about the diagnosis. She confirmed the diagnosis and the recommended 'treatment' by Cipro.
I fired the bitch on the spot. Her mood changed dramatically from 'anger' to 'wounded ego.' She wanted to end the meeting. I reminded her that I had paid for the meeting, and insisted that she recommend a colonoscopy. She agreed to do it. We parted. I have the entire audio scenerio in a saved condition (along with other relevant audio scenerios going back to unknown dates.)
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?