Thursday, October 16, 2008

 

The Highpoint of Our Day

(3)
I just checked up on Kootch (at 1910L) and she seems to be asleep. Kootch is a good sport. Today was my turn to cook, but at the last minute (before my bike ride) I decided to booze it up and write my blog. I'd planned stuffed green peppers with rice, with fresh avocado. I helped by preparing the green peppers, chopping up the onion, and bifercating the avocado. I cooked six green pepper halves in the microwave for four minutes and prepared the pan by lining it with foil. Kootch then took over, kneading one egg, bread crumbs, one pound of ground beef, garlic, salt and pepper, and (oversized) chopped onions. She did it all 'into' the ground beef. She did not add ketchup or soysauce. (I do it differently: I add garlic, salt and pepper, soy sauce, ketchup, into a small bowl containing a mutilated egg. I mix the chopped onions in with the ground beef, then add the mutilate. I mix well, then stuff the result into the six halves of the green peppers which have first been cooked in the microwave for 4-6 minutes. I cook at 230F for 40 minutes.)
I then went on a 45 minute bike ride, returning to the desired scenerio: Kootch ready to eat; me ready to drink. We did yesterday's Millionaire together as we ate and drank. Fun as usual.
Kootch will wake me in the morning to secure the locks on the hallway door, as usual, before she leaves for the morning. It's a necessary precaution to prevent 'them' from entering our apartment while I am sleeping it off. They have done it before. Many times.
Kootch will return around noon. If I don't answer her knock on the door she will go outside below my bedroom window, where she will throw small rocks against the window to wake me up. It is rarely needed but it always works. I will let her in, then I will go back to bed until about 3 pm. I will wake up to her special tofu dish designed to mitigate hangovers (recipe in a later post). I will drink a diet pepsi or two, then I will eat supper, watch tv, or do some Civilization III. I will not sign on the the internet and read whatever I wrote while drunk the previous night. I will save that for at least two days later, when I can again feel comfortable about doing a little booze. Slightly buzzed then, I will read my blog. There will be no more booze for the rest of the week until 'booze night' when I once again do my blog, as I get drunker and drunker, enjoying my weekly high.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?