Wednesday, September 24, 2008

 

Think Sheckles

(3)
Inebriation-wise, this seems to be just about the right time to use the Brown Telephone in the interests of humanity: 1) I have a fundamental grasp of modern economics. 2) I have an exclusive line to The Almighty. 3) It is safe to say that I am the single player in this scenerio who will actually have the nerve to consult the gods in this matter and report the results in a blog. I'm sure you will agree with me. In the interests, therefore, of securing Celestial Opinion, I dialed 666. Nothing. The phone rang. Nobody answered. Then I remembered to extend the antenna. God answered immediately.
----------
gd: You're drunk again.
me: As usual. I'm wondering about your opinion of money.
gd: Money?
me Sheckles.
gd: Ah. You need to contact Jesus. He's the sheckle guru.
me: Thank you. How's the weather up there?
gd: (hangs up)
----------
I then dialed Jesus' number. Jesus answered eventually, but it was a long wait.
----------
js: Hello?
me: You busy at this time?
js: Not at the moment (static).
me: I'm wondering about Your relationship with Lucifer. Is it positive?
js: Is the pope (static) Catholic?
me: I take it that you and Lucifer hit it off reasonably well?
js: We did indeed. He's a well-informed fella. Thank you for bringing us together!
me: No problem. How's the weather up there? Chilly?
js: Nice and warm, actually. You were right about exercise.
me: My impression is that Your mood is much improved.
js: Thanks to Lucifer. What a gold mine of knowlege! Is it possible for you to give Me his number?
me: Unfortunately that number must remain secret. But he will call You from time to time.
js: Good enough!
me: Think 'sheckles.'
----------
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?