Wednesday, September 17, 2008

 

Faster!

(2)
The previous post represents quite a lot of (for me) investigation. I'm not used to working. Furthermore it was all done sober. It took hours. On the plus side I invented a new word: outrageon: (a speech (presentation) which is long on emotion and short on facts and logic, designed for a sympathetic audience)).
Cleanupwise, I had totally forgot much of last week's postings due to booze effects. In fact, I re-entered Blogger over the weekend (after some bracing booze in the form of 3.2 beer - and possibly a shot of whiskey) with the intention of installing a sexy photo, only to discover that it was already there! I had totally forgot it! I liked the postings overall and did a lot of giggling (I am my most ardent fan when 'buzzing'), but upon revisiting those posts totally sober I did some slight revisions to the originals. The result satisfies both my normal and my buzzy states.
Regarding the Jesus - Lucifer interaction, I agree that it is outrageous. But notice that the Judeo-Christian myth is extremely pliable in the sense that my version is as plausible (to a neophite) as the original! (Some might say, even more plausible, but that would be a value judgement.) Lastly, I was at first concerned that I had lied to Lucifer about the number of 'my readers.' It was a reflexive thing, which I later resolved with the realization that the entire 'Brown Telephone' phenomenon is pure fiction. Can you lie to a fictional character? No, but you can lie to the reader of the story, as you reply to the fictional character. I resolved the issue with the caveat that Lucifer thought in terms of billions, whereas I thought in terms of hundreds or thousands.
Lastly, I was struck by how laborious it was to write my blog totally sober. It was as if there were zero lubrication among my brain cells, which all ground together to produce a result slowly. No wonder I write this thing while buzzed! It's faster!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?