Wednesday, August 27, 2008

 

A Very Interesting Woman

(2)
Been watching much of the Democratic Convention, of course, between sessions of C-III and web surfing. Whoa! Just checked the LR tv sets at 1700L and Obama has been nominated by acclamation! Historic moment! Watched ABC News 1730-1800 and they had a rerun of the historic events. Amazing. I will revisit the LR from time to time, of course.
I recently experienced a revelation concerning human gullibility, and the 'test subject' in this case was Kootch. Here is the scenerio: I had left the picture of the nurse in blue panties (below) up on my computer screen (in order to irritate electronic eavesdroppers) while I watched the national newscasts. At some point I was moved to play a joke on Kootch, who, at the time, was watching channel nine and Japanese tv on her two tv sets while playing a video game on her computer. I brought her to the door of my bedroom and showed her the screen. I told her the story outlined in my blog to the effect that it was a photo of my new PCP from my position on the waiting room floor. I expected her to laugh at the joke. Instead, she believed my story! Kootch said, 'She is gonna be pissed!' Kootch has never read my blog, but she knows that it exists. I'm wondering why she thought that Kaiser personnel were reading it. Very strange. I don't know what to think about that.
My first reaction was that Kootch was so used to me telling her the truth - (the last time I lied to her in a very big way was when I said something like, 'I did not have sex with that woman!' way back in the early '70s) - that she was totally conditioned to believe me after all those years. That is an understandable reaction. Kootch believes me because I always tell her the truth. The problem is that Kootch projects my truthfulness onto others, especially 'persons of power.' Thus Kootch can 'believe' a dumbass Jewish 'psychiatrist' who tells her that I am 'delusional!'
I told Kootch that she is 'a very interesting woman.'
Do you always tell your children 'the truth?' That might be a very bad idea. A better idea might be to challenge their credulity from time to time in order to better prepare them for the Real World.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?