Wednesday, August 27, 2008

 

Talking With Jesus: The Beginning

(5)

Toward that end I dialed 123 on the brown telephone, expecting much static. I was quite surprised, therefore, when Jesus' voice came back to me loud and clear:
----------
js: Hello?
me: Me again. You busy?
js: Doing push-ups, keeping warm. You were right.
me: You in the mood for a revelation?
js: Is the pope catholic?
me: Does the subject of sex bother you?
js: Not at all. Simple: either-or. Everybody knows that.
me: Not so simple. Ever heard of pussy?
js: Uh... no.
me: Sex? Ever heard of sex?
je: Either-or.
me: Fornication?
js: Fornication! Now you're getting interesting!
me: Do you have a problem with discussing fornication?
js: Not at all. Please continue.
me: Fornication is sin.
js: Theoretically. You need to qualify your judgements in that regard. An unproven hypothesis is worthless. Keep to the facts, please.
----------
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?