Wednesday, July 02, 2008

 

Flying to Hays

(4)
Without further ado we shall proceed with the next drog entry:
----------
01-07-02 The ideas occurred to me somewhere in Oklahoma. Anyway, Gerash is taken somewhat by surprise at my sudden departure from Denver and has to play a little catch-up:
----------
JDL: "Hello."
WG: "Interstate."
JDL: "Standby..."
JDL: "Interstate Tracking."
WG: "This is Gerash again. I'm calling in regard to my recent tracking request."
JDL: "Who?"
WG: "Colorado JDL."
JDL "Ah, Mr. Lizard. What can we do for you?"
WG: "GERASH, dammit. Look, the category nine took off unexpectedly this morning. We need to launch the operation immediately."
JDL: "No problem. What do you need?"
WG: "I'm flying to Hays, Kansas right after lunch. Have my people meet me there. I'll advise later regarding the time of arrival."
JDL: "Good as done. They'll be driving in from Salina."
WG: "Ok. Did they reserve the SUV I wanted?"
JDL: "Yep. And there was quite a response, volunteerwise. Not every day you get to track a nine. We got volunteers coming out the gozingus. Makes you proud to be an American."
WG: "Excellent. What about the plates?"
JDL: "Plates too: Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas."
WG: "Fine. You got a number for me?"
JDL: (reads a cell phone number).
WG: (reads it back).
JDL: "Right. Anything else?"
WG: "No. I'll be talking to them when I have more info." (hangs up)
(Gerash then boards the limo for the airport, where a chartered Learjet is waiting. His Butthole Buddy (BB) accompanies him. After an uneventful flight, more or less, they arrive at the Hays airport where they are met by their fellow trackers.
----------
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?