Wednesday, June 25, 2008

 

Shocked, Shocked!

(2)
During the BP check a couple of male ambulance attendants wheeled in a gurney. A doctor (?) then related the clinical story of a woman (or girl) who needed transportation. RN then took me into Doctor Anna's room. RN got my case up on the computer, then left the room, informing me that the doctor would be in soon. After she closed the door I pulled my voice recorder out of my pocket, turned it on, then slipped it back into my pocker. It was (I think) the first time I had resorted to recording Doctor Anna. After several minutes she knocked, then entered the room. She was obviously not happy to see me again so soon.
I explained that I had some questions concerning my most recent visit two days ago. She explained that Wednesdays were always hectic for her because she was off Tuesdays, hence the delay. I explained to her that her abrupt termination of Monday's visit had left me feeling a bit confused, and that I needed clarification. I then asked her about the 'primary diagnosis' listed on the 'visit summary' section. Was 'PROSTATITUS, ACUTE' really the diagnosis of my Monday visit? She replied that it was. (The summary reads:
'PROSTATATITIS, ACUTE - primary
ABDOMINAL PAIN, LOWER
DM 2
HYPERTENSION)
I was shocked by this admission!
Under the heading, 'medications ordered' there was
(HYDROCLOROTHIAZIDE 25mg ORAL TAB
CIPROFLOXACIN 500 MG ORAL TAB)
I was curious about the HCZ 25mg oral tab. She explained that in view of the fact that my blood pressure seemed to be under control, and that I had halved my previous 50mg ATENELOL dose to 25mg, it seemed appropriate to halve the HCZ dose also. I agreed. I had wondered whether the HCZ dose was part of the CIPRO regimen. Not.
I then asked her whether she would recommend a colonoscopy. She replied in the negative! Once more I was shocked!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?