Thursday, June 12, 2008

 

See You Next Week

(3)
A quick visit to the LR saw a familiar meme on CNN: Michelle Obama is only recently 'proud of her country.' The implication is that she is not sufficiently patriotic to become the First Lady. Utter nonsense! I know exactly how she feels! Indeed, even I - genius that I am - am not proud of my country! I am, in fact, ashamed of my country. Furthermore I have good reason to be thus ashamed. Hard-core Republicans will not understand that attitude, but hard-core Democrats will: Americans ought to be ashamed of what the last four years of the Bush Administration have brought to America and The World. What a tragedy.
Granted, Michelle Obama may have somewhat different reasons for her emotional attitude vis America (she is not - for example - a typical sexually mutilated male) but she certainly has the right (and the duty) to express her emotional judgement.
(I got the 'could not contact Blogger' message at that point and decided to wrap it up for tonight. See you next week.)
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?