Thursday, June 05, 2008

 

Go Out With a Bang?

(2)
Kootch just walked by the door and informed me smilingly that she was about to hit the sack. I replied smilingly that I deduced from that that she would not be available for an emergency beer run later. She waved smilingly and closed the door. I won't dare wake her up, of course. Nor will I dare drive to the booze shop. In fact, I have more than enough booze to get us all through the evening. I mention this because tonight's blog is being powered by six 3.2 Natural Lights, plus one half-pint of Canadian Mist, instead of the usual 12 NLs. The idea is to reduce the liquid load. Will it work? We shall see. (If only I had some Ganja we could do these weekly meetings after only six NLs! And the meetings would probably be even shorter!)
Kootch was shocked yesterday by her blood sugar level. I was doing my BS after fasting all day except for Diet Pepsi (my usual routine). We Were about to watch Millionaire. She had just begun to eat, whereas I was finishing my last DP. After I'd finished my BS test she wanted me to do hers (mine was 114). Hers measured 174. Oops! Kootch was very disconcerted, and today she was telling me how she planned to correct the situation. She refused my offer to do another test (mine was 95 today). She plans to do one test per week, the idea being to get a dramatic reduction as reinforcement for her planned diet changes. This is very 'Kootch,' who's style is denial. I will give her the space she needs, of course, as usual.
I must admit that the idea of growing another batch of Ganja is very tempting. For one thing, I would be able to document the unique result of the Ethanol/THC 'synergy.' This blog would become quite a different blog as I attempted to translate that amazing 'high' into words. The problem is that my lungs are already overburdened given the current gassings, and in my current state I am wondering whether my eventual demise will be due to lung cancer or glioma. Nevertheless, the idea is appealing. I don't have all that long to live in any case, and why not go out with a bang?
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?