Thursday, May 15, 2008

 

Zen

(3)
I hung up at that point, satisfied that god would be pleased. I then dialed The Holy Ghost: Busy. I dialed Jesus: Busy. I then deduced that they were all still in 'conference call mode,' deciding which souls would go where, and that due to the unusually high death rate on Earth they would be busy for another week or two. Satisfied that Lucifer was my last hope for information I dialed his number:
--------
lu: Hello?
me: How's it going there?
lu: Business is booming.
me: There's been another disaster: China.
lu: Ah. That explains it. We're mostly Chinese here, as you know.
me: No, I didn't know...
lu: Yep. The rest of us are mostly Indian.
me: Lots of Zen?
lu: Lots of Zen. Infuriating, sometimes, but I am learning to tolerate it. Do you know the sound of one hand clapping?
me: Never heard it.

(Kootch just now opened her door at about 2250L to go to the potty. I tried to engage her in conversation using english as she walked by my bedroom door. She smiled broadly and said something totally incomprehensible in Japanese. She was obviously still half asleep, and still in Japanese mode, language-wise. Kootch tells me that because she sometimes listens to both English and Japanese TV, she is usually not aware which language (English or Japanese) contains the information with which her brain interacts.)

lu: Listen. You will eventually hear it when your mind is silent.
----------
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?