Friday, May 09, 2008

 

I Know You and You Know Me

(3)
Pleasantly surprised by this unusual turn (in the current circumstance) I continued:
----------
me: Are you busy at the moment?
lu: Not at all. What can I do for you?
me: Whew. God, Jesus, and The Holy Ghost are all busy as beavers.
lu: What's the problem?
me: Myanmar. A huge hurricane.
lu: Standby... Ahh. Burma. Very tragic.
me: My conjecture is that they are all on a conference call making snap decisions.
lu: That is the most likely explanation. In fact, I have noticed a recent slight bump.
me: Bump?
lu: In admissions. By the way, your hero arrived here last week, happy as a...
me: My hero?
lu: Albert Hofmann. He loves it here. Hooked up immediately with Tim Leary. They are in the chemistry lab even as I speak. I think they are teaching chemistry to Einstein, Sagan, Khayyam, Emerson, Swinburne, et al.
me: Please pass my regards on to all...
lu: Omar wants me to give you a message:

'And when like her oh Saki, you shall pass
Among the guests star-scatter'd on the Grass,
And in your joyous Errand reach the Spot
Where I made One - turn down an empty Glass!'

me: Ha! Only after I have drunk it!
lu: I know you and you know me.
----------
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?