Friday, March 21, 2008

 

The Forbidden Truth

(1)
TGIF! Begin first beer @ 1430.
It's been a big news week: Fifth anniversary of the disaster in Iraq, and the Pastor Disaster. Media made a big deal out of the latter all week and Obama's poll popularity went way down among whites. Obama rose to the challenge and gave what is widely regarded as a brilliant rebuttal speech. I concur. But there is more to the story: Obama's wife is only recently 'proud of my country;' Obama himself has failed to 'put his hand over his heart' during the National Anthem. Very unfirst ladylike. Very unpresidential. It seems the Obamas are suffering somewhat from 'black rage,' the origin of which must be partially centered in their 'spiritual advisor' Jeremiah Wright. What a revelation. White Americans must now be asking themselves whether this syndrome is endemic among African Americans in general, and whether, if so, an African American so afflicted can be trusted to lead this country in the white direction. Good question. (time for beer #2 @ 1503...) Is 'half-white' white enough?
As I listened to the exerpts above and followed the links and clues to pastor Wright's ideas I found that I tended to agree with most of them! Wright was right much of the time! I did not like his style, of course - ranting religious nutcakes hold no appeal at all for me - but there were times when he spoke the forbidden truth. I liked that. I eventually discovered this link which seemed to reveal Wright's other concerns about America. (Kootch is ready to eat. We will now watch Millionaire while she eats and I drink beer... back at 1557 with another beer.) Based on this information I can understand why Obama did not fire Wright.
Meanwhile, McCain seems to be suffering from Alzheimers, repeatedly mistaking Al Queda (a Sunni phenomenon) for Sheeite insurgents trained in Iran, while pandering to Jewish money over there in the 'Holy Land.' He was eventually corrected on camera by the senator from Israel, Lieberman, in what must have been an excrutiating admission.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?