Friday, February 22, 2008

 

A Surreal Situation

(2)

Channel nine's 'Mouse in the House' was informative, but not quite up to the expectations generated by the 'commercial' for it, which was quite fascinating. It turned out to be a more or less prozaic blurb about what to do about rodent invasion during wintertime: trap the bastards! But traps need bait. What is the best rodent bait? Peanut butter!

Hmm. I wonder... what is the best Jew bait? Any suggestions?

Continuing with current events, I am currently operating on about 2.5 hours of sleep; however, since most nighttime radiation this week was TCR, and since TCR resembles a 'vibrating bed,' I slept well until last night. I'm feeling good in spite of the lack of sleep, presumably because of no previous sleep deficit this week. Last night was the single exception: Bed at 0000 (rad 0000-0130; heavy rad (TRF, IRH, PRWB, SRWB) 0400-0845. Up at 0845.

There was also another example of 'thursday afternoon rage' yesterday, after it became obvious that I was eating, and would not be doing 'booze night.' Gerash apparently suffers at times from 'poor impulse control.'

Wednesday afternoon saw a most surreal and unprecedented situation: As I sat in the BR playing C-III on the computer there was a knock on the door. Since I was in 'morning condition' (unbathed, unshaved, and not dressed appropriately,) I did not answer the door, but instead went to Kootch's room and advised her that 'there was somebody at the door.' She investigated, but returned the information that nobody was there. That satisfied me. But she then opened the LR curtains and looked outside, then told me that there were two cop cars parked outside. Uh-oh. I went out on the patio and asked the cops whether they had just knocked on my door. They answered in the affirmative and engaged me in conversation.
There were three of them, two men and one woman. They told me that they were visiting me at the behest of 'Good Cop.' They wondered 'how I was doing?' They were all smiles. (Very, very weird. They seemed to be humoring a crazy person.) The female engaged me in conversation. The crux of the conversation centered around my recent attempts to have a dialog with their 'Investigations' division. I explained that GC's report had resulted in a decision not to investigate and that that was 'not acceptable.' They wondered who had given me that information. I explained that the name of the secretary escaped me at that moment. They said that GC planned to visit me later. I informed them that I would provide him with the same information. I did not give them my blog address. That might have been a mistake.
The meeting ended amicably, and I took a shower and got dressed appropriately. Gc never showed up.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?