Thursday, February 07, 2008

 

Case Number CT081041 Progress Report

(1)
I'm back early again for roughly the same reasons as last week: got plenty of sleep last night and there is no guarantee that tonight will be as good. ACSD Investigations never returned my call concerning case number CT081041, and so I finally called them back this afternoon after opening a beer. But I called them too soon, stark cold sober. The result was that I sounded terrified as usual when I was eventually forced to talk to a recorder instead of an actual human being. I had been assured, during last week's call, that 'an investigator has been assigned to the case' and I expected a call sometime during the week, but no call. Nor do I know the name of the investigator! Apparently, the ACSD is reluctant to volunteer such information even to 'victims.'

Kootch and I did Millionaire as Kootch ate supper and I drank the beer, then another beer, at which point I decided to make tonight 'drunk night.' We even had a fun argument on this subject! I am at my best during the early stages of a 'drunk.' No question. I will do another progress report next week. Stay tuned.

Been doing a lot of C-III this week. I began the game at a huge disadvantage: no iron. But my nearest neighbors, The Barfalonians, had iron. Clearly I needed to take that iron from the Barfs, or die. I stormed their capital with the largest force of Spearmen and Archers (mostly Archers) I could muster: it was do or die. I took the city! I then proceeded to destroy the unfortunate Barfalonians and take their land. I was assisted by the Persians who were attacking them from the other end of the continent. But the Persians and I (Caesar of the Romans) did not like each other at all and we soon went to war, during which I took the Barf cities the Persians had captured. But these wars had left us Romans a 'backward nation' scientifically. We needed an ally. We signed a 'Mutual Protection Pact' with the French, led by Joan of Ark. But she is a dangerous woman! She eventually got us Romans involved in four other wars simultaneously. After the MPP with France expired I made peace and continued to build my nation. I will destroy them all except for France. I like Joan of Ark. Most of all I like the music which plays whenever I 'negotiate' with her.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?