Friday, January 11, 2008

 

Paranoia May be a Good Thing

(2)
Tonight's music is, 'China Nights' (Shina No Yoru), an old song from 1956-57 in Japan. The song apparently originated during the Japanese war against China in the late '30s. Kootch tells me that we never danced to it but that I must have heard it on the radio. I 'knew the words' to the song back then, but Kootch is asleep now, so my questions about it remain unanswered. My conjecture is that it was a lover's song about Japanese troops and Chinese women. I have no idea what the words mean apart from the title words.
Shirley Yamaguchi - the vocal artist who sings this song - is no doubt burning in Hell even as I type this... unless she was a Christian. Little did she know.
There was an interesting study in paranoia this evening when I went to my usual booze shop to buy a six pack of Mickeys. The Mickeys spot was empty. No Mickeys. This was a first. I questioned the male attendant. He suggested that they 'got a case in today' and that perhaps it had not got stocked. He went 'behind the scenes' to investigate. Meanwhile my paranoia expressed itself in the form of a Natural Ice selection. I wanted no part of any six pack of Mickeys. I grabbed a six pack of NI and made my way to checkout. The male attendant returned with a six pack of Mickeys. I told him (in effect) to stuff that six pack, that I was satisfied with a six pack of Natural Ice.
So I am drinking NIce tonight. This drink is equally effective, but I don't have to adjust to a new smell. I may abandon Mickeys in favor of random beer. Nor will I buy from that store again in the near future.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?