Friday, January 25, 2008

 

Link Dump

(2)

Here are some links which interested me recently:

The Bible in perspective. Modern technology reduces an ancient text to appropriate proportions.

The eye of the beholder . This is a droll piece which exposes the Bushian interpretation of art for what it is. And you thought that a Texan would be able to recognize a horse thief when he saw one!?
Calorie Counter.
Brain fitness.
Politically incorrect board games.
Low pressure reveals itself. As a pilot I'm struck by how little effect the wingtip fences seem to exert on the tendency for high pressure air to spill over around the wingtips, reducing lift. It seems to me that those fences need to be enlarged dramatically at low speeds. Call it 'wingtip flaps.' My guess is that such a design would reduce drag during approach and landing (but I could be wrong). I doubt that there is much need for such wingtip fins at high speed. But again, I could be wrong...
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?