Friday, January 11, 2008

 

An ACSD Encounter

(1)
The fun thing about having similar HDTV sets is that I can sneek into Kootch's room and change her 'input' selection to HD, using my remote. She is usually playing video games and does not notice the change until she tries to change the TiVo channel.
Speaking of Kootch, she was really pissed off wednesday afternoon when I informed her that I had called the ACSD and that a cop would arrive in the near future. Her problem was that our apartment is a mess and she would soon be embarrassed. It is a mess. We need two garages.
I took a shower and got dressed and waited for the ACSD.
Two of them showed (tap) up. Both parked their cars west of our building. When they walked toward our building I knew they were headed for our apartment. I prepared for the worst.
I let them in, trying to act as normal as possible, but my voice (dysphonia) betrayed my anxiety. I explained my voice problem to them, then proceeded to explain that I was being 'stalked' and that the stalkers were upstairs listening to us 'even as I speak.'
It was a typical 'good cop - bad cop' scenerio in the sense that one cop engaged me in conversation while the other cop acted both as backup and observer, taking in the the visual scene around us. There was always a cop behind me.
The 'good' cop listened to my story and asked questions while the other cop remained silent. My first impression was that GC was skeptical. As the conversation progressed I got the impression that GC was testing me psychologically. I thought, 'Whoa! These boys beat the hell out of that idiot Kelso!' I relaxed. My voice improved. They seemed genuine. GC asked appropriate questions which further increased my conficence. At one point SC (silent cop) went upstairs and knocked on the door, returning a few minutes later with the news that nobody answered the door. There were several questions about past gassing and radiation, and I was forced to refer to my notebooks. Eventually they wanted to speak to Kootch, who had remained in her room with the door closed. Satisfied that Kootch was ok, they gave me a case number. I got both their names, but I only got SC's name after asking him. GC had given me his card right at the beginning and I referred to him only by his first name. SC never gave me a card, so I was forced to ask for his first and last name, which I wrote down. The stalker also heard his last name.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?