Friday, December 14, 2007

 

Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin on...

(4)

Tonight's music is Bony Moronie. Enjoy. I remember dancing to this song back in 1953 at Folly Beach SC. The girls used to wear 'very short shorts' and their colorful nylon 'grannie panties' would hang out for all the world to see. I was still a virgin back then, at eighteen. I would lose my virginity in Tokyo two years later. Wolly Bully is a song from The Goose. Eleanor and I used to dance to this one. By the way, I drank only VO7 on The Goose, possibly because of this song.

I remember only two songs from Tokyo: 'Sayonara' by Ertha Kitt, and another Japanese song which began, 'Wan lo sekero ke cha cha cha...' Kootch knew how to chacha and she taught me. I can't find either song on You Tube.
I loved watching those girls flashing their colorful nylon (and sometimes lace-trimmed) panties at Folly Beach while I drank some 'white lightening.' I would dance with them too, of course, but since I did not have a car and had to hitch-hike there and back my virginal status remained intact.
Other songs from that general era were:
Good Golly Miss Molly. Mozart would have been astonished.
Long Tall Sally.
Whole Lotta Shakin' Going on.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?