Friday, November 30, 2007

 

My Personal Paparazzi

(2)
Meanwhile I did some research (tap) looking for a typical normal blood sugar (bonk) chart. No joy. Then I played some chess on Comcast. I hit the sack at (tap) 2345. There was ('heavy rad' 0430-0630, 0700-0730, 0930-1000.) I woke up about 1145 and got out of bed about 1215, then took the following readings while I downed more (tap) Diet Pepsi: 1300: BG - 107. 1500: BG - 109. 1600: BG - 107. I started drinking 3.2 beer. 1701: BG - 118. 1732: BG - 107. 1805: BG - 103. It is now 1854 and I am now on my 5th beer, feeling pretty good. Time to test again... 1902: BG - 103. So the old liver is still hanging in there after 5.5 beers (stomp) in three hours. I'll continue to test on the hour 'til I stop drinking. Meanwhile, I conclude at this point that the old liver is both converting the alcohol and supplying the needed blood sugar, a sign of a well - trained liver.
On a sadder note, be glad that you are not a 'celebrity.' Be happy that you are not 'famous.' Fame has its dark side. Ask Lao Tzu. As I watched the Today piece about Julia Roberts tracking down and verbally chastising a 'paparazzi' I sympathized with her, because I too am famous; I too must contend with paparazzi. The difference between Julia Roberts and I is only one of degree. She is famous (tap) in the sense that she is known to a multitude, whereas I am famous (tap) in the sense that my admirers are few but intensely involved emotionally. Julia's many (lukewarm) admirers form a culture in which a few intense representatives can profit from gathering news and photographs for dissemination to the broader culture. Money is the motive in that case. But my admirer has lots of money. Money is no problem for my admirer.
My 'admirer' is a stalker.
A stalker is an individual who (tap) acts like a paparazzi but crosses the line in that he (she) is intensely involved emotionally. Money is not the point. The stalker literally cannot stop thinking about the object of his (her) obsession. The stalker is literally insane in some sense. (BG test at 2000:87! Whoa! The old liver is indeed overloaded! But 87 is still acceptable. I will continue, and will check it again in one hour.)
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?