Thursday, November 22, 2007

 

Local Upgrades

(3)
In the current category, I have proceeded with my plan to 'modernize.' Two days after I bought Kootch her new HDTV, Best Buy advertised the same set at a much reduced price. Kootch - retail expert that she is - advised me to confront Best Buy seeking a reduction in price. Turned out that BB did that sort of thing routinely. The result was that I saved 180 dollars on her set. Not only that: I bought an identical set at the then low price, for me. The result is that I can now open the door to her room and change parameters (with my remote), irritating Kootch. I do it occasionally. Kootch doesn't hear me open the door. I think she needs a hearing aid, but she is in denial. I should mention that I bought our first HDTV a few weeks ago and installed it in the Living Room. I considered it 'our TV,' but Kootch remained (tap) aloof (thump). We both watch it routinely when we do Millionaire every day, but she seemed detached, ownershipwise. Hence my recent gift. We now have three HDTV's! I have even incorporated my old CRT TV into the local network: I can now watch three tv sets simultaneously! And I do! No news will escape me, folks. I can tell you that.
(But thank god for computers. We need to escape reality from time to time.)
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?