Friday, November 30, 2007

 

I, Guinea Pig

(1)
Correction: Acid has many emotional components as well as some logical components but few if any verbal components. The verbal process is apparently too complex for Acid, possibly because it is 'directed' by 'higher order' processes which have been temporarily disabled. The emotional processes run rampant, unrestrained apparently, by the usual control processes. I guess... (But what the hell would I know about it?)
I'm doing guinea pig duty tonight, testing blood glucose as I go along, on the hour. This is a scientific study, the purpose of which is to test a theory I recently read on the web to the effect that booze occupies the liver to the point where it is unable to produce the normal blood glucose levels. My interest in the subject was sparked by a recent Today Show piece which 'raised my consciousness' on the subject of (tap) 'type two diabetes.' Many of us have it. Most of us don't know it.
Speaking of the Today Show, I have been enjoying it in true HD whenever I am up early enough to do so. Otherwise I enjoy (tap) it in 'near HD' while playing it back on my TiVo. Denver's channel nine (NBC) is the only channel I have discovered so far which displays HD broadcasts in full screen (tap) HDTV mode. I assume the other local channels will follow suit soon. I am looking forward to the day I can justify the expense of a new HDTV TiVo!
I began the current BG testing yesterday afternoon: 1530: 110. This result (boom) was obtained approximately 17 (boom) hours after my last meal, but after drinking 6 Diet Pepsis. The caffine may have contributed to the result, somewhat. I then ate dinner (no breakfast of course) consisting of 4 ounces of fried salmon, two cups of cooked rice, some Kimchee, two cups (faint thump) of sauteed onions and asparagus, and one ban(tap)nana, and one small orange. Pretty healthy stuff. 1730: BG - 146. 1800: BG - 119. 1830: BG - 128. 1930: BG 141. 2000: BG 130.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?