Thursday, November 22, 2007

 

Happy Thanksgiving!

(1)
Happy Thanksgiving!
I am a bit early, inadvertently (faint thump). Kootch and I did the usual Thanksgiving Turkey today: I put the frozen 12+ pound turkey in a sink full of water last night around 9:00 pm, my job done.
Kootch took over from there, rescuing the turkey about 0800. She put it in the oven about 0900. I woke up about 09:30. The turkey cooked at 325F. Kootch figured it would be done about 1300, a generous estimate given that it was stuffed with chicken dressing and covered with foil. At 1300 we removed the foil to brown the turkey, but it was clearly not yet done. We replaced the foil after browning for 30 minutes, and cooked it for another 30 minutes but it was still not quite done. A meat thermometer confirmed our visual diagnosis. After another 30 minutes we agreed to 'tackle that turkey done or not' (Kootch's phrase). We pulled it out of the oven and Kootch did the gravy and the biscuits while the turkey 'cooked down' out of the oven for 30 minutes. The result was that we had a turkey which was 'pretty much cooked, but still suspect.' Kootch ate the done parts (wing - her favorite part) while I drank a Thanksgiving (thump) glass of whiskey and Piet Pepsi. Interestingly, Kootch drank most of the first glass of booze after I explained to her that it was 'no good to drink booze after you eat.' (Kootch seems to have warmed up to me considerably (thump) lately.) I poured myself another drink, then another, while we watched the morning Millionaire show on TiVo and Kootch ate Thanksgiving dinner. After 'dinner' I did another drink while Kootch did her duty vis the turkey, my own plate languishing on the coffee table before me. It's still there, I think. I'll get to it eventually.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?