Sunday, November 04, 2007

 

Defining The Truth

(2)
If the current trend in the judiciary committee holds, the Mukasey matter will go to the full senate for a confirmation vote. What are the odds? This site purports to keep us informed in real time.
Why should we care?
That is the central question, which goes to the more fundamental question of who we are as a nation. Do we approve of torture as a method of arriving at The Truth? Do we value 'the truth' so much that we are willing to inflict torture? Hmm. I decided to put the question to god. I dialed 666 on the brown telephone.
----------
gd: Hello?
me: I have a moral question.
gd: Shoot.
me: Is it acceptable to torture people in order to ascertain the truth?
gd: Define your terms. I am not a celestial dictionary.
me: Truth equals Reality.
gd: You know it when you see it. Open your eyes.
me: Hidden truth; truth hidden inside the brain of the other.
gd: There is no such thing. No brain contains The Truth.
me: You're fucking with me.
gd: Ha ha ha! Gotcha!
me: I'm serious. This is a moral question. I need an answer.
gd: You need to contact Jesus. Your question is outside My jurisdiction.
me: How do I contact Jesus? He is still enroute.
gd: Dial 123. When the voice answers requesting your name, say, 'Four.' Be advised that due to the extreme distances involved there may be considerable static. Anything else?
me: How is Jesus handling the low temperatures?
gd: (hangs up)
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?