Friday, August 31, 2007

 

'The Curse' is Alive and Well

(2)

Which brings us to the CNN series by Christiane Amanpour. I found the series exhilarating because it represented a true (or fairly true) report on the fundamental modern problem: too much fucking religion. It amazes me that in this technological age the vast majority of people everywhere still cling to various ancient religious ideas, most of which are utter crap.
Concerning the the final 'Christian Warrior' segment of the series I was mostly up to date. I have long been aware of the ludicrous Christian 'eschatology' concerning the 'end of the world' (not to mention the equally ludricous Muslim and Jewish versions) and this segment gave me much cause for laughter (being gassed here, RLG). I consider that fat-assed San Antonio preacher John Hagee to be more of a Jew than a Christian and I record his Sunday morning show (Cornerstone) on tivo for laughs. I play (tap) the first 15 minutes of it (more or less) before my revulsion (faint boom) forces me to delete it. I once told Kootch, as I played a little of it for her in the absense of a Millionaire (tap) segment that 'This is the creepiest Christian you will ever see on tv.' Kootch was totally unimpressed with my revulsion: she already knows that it is all crap.
The thing I hate most about Hagee is his joy of anticipation - not of possible pussy in paradise - but of possible close-up 3-D views he will have of sinners burning in Hell. He obviously loves thinking about those times to come and punctuates his sermons with verbal and physical exclamation points designed to scare the the hell out of those poor folks who don't have the balls to think for themselves.
The series was generally well received, but I noticed a review on MSNBC's (tap) Dan Abrams show which was distinctly not. Although Abrams (probable Jew) himself did not use the modern Jewish curse (antisemitism) one of his 'guests' did, and I got the impression that Abrams agreed with him.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?