Friday, August 24, 2007

 

Ancient Religious Bullshit

(1)


Cherem is the Jewish form of excommunication. Hilarious. (I wonder what they mean by 'self abuse.' Hmm...) I got the 'cherem' word from Hitchens' book with which I am almost finished. Hitchens was describing the damnation of Spinoza and quoted most of the formal curse against Spinoza. You can find the entire curse here, about halfway down the page. Whew. Those Jews sure know how to curse! In fact, they even went so far as to quote 2 Kings 3:11-12 where the bald-headed Elisha cursed a mob of children who were teasing him. Two she-bears came out of the woods and 'savaged' 42 of them. Do not tease a bald-headed Jew, folks. I also can personally testify that it pisses the suckers off. Back when I was writing my DROG I used to refer to Walter L Gerash as that, 'Ugly old bald-headed Jewish cock(boom)sucker lawyer' knowing that he was reading my DROG. The intent was to piss him off and it worked. The phrase contained the five most hateful adjectives I could think up at the time, plus one hateful noun.
By the way, I highly recommend Hitchens' book! It is by far the best of the three (The End of Faith and The God Delusion being the other two) because it clearly shows the consequences of trying to live in a technologically advanced world while simultaneously believing ancient religious bullshit.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?