Friday, July 27, 2007

 

A Heavy Thunderstorm

(2)


As you can see from (1) below, I have no format control at all, this on a night of heavy hacking complicated by a heavy thunderstorm. Whoa! My entire blog is fucked up! Lessee... last change I made was in the settings... 'convert line breaks... changed 'yes' to 'no'... ok. I changed back to 'yes' and things appear to be 'normal' again. Weird.
A huge thunderstorm this evening really interfered with my blog, I think, but hacking is obvious also. I won't bother you with the hacking details, but you might be interested in the effects of the storm, which was... disconcerting: heavy rain accompanied by frequent close (loud) lightening strokes. I almost felt under attack by God. Kootch, on the other hand, totally enjoyed the spectacle, going out on the patio at the height of the fireworks. I joined her for about a minute before yielding to the 'self-preservation instinct' and retreating to my usual place on the couch. I warned her that it could be dangerous out there but she ignored me. There was even a runner going by on the Highline Canal Trail during the heavy rain and lightening. She was female, and so I grabbed the (10x) binocculars and imaged her, as usual. The rain obscured my view. Also she was wearing what appeared to be a black two piece ensemble. No wet marks were visible. Darn. I don't think she realized how much danger she was in. I told Kootch at the time that the tree across from us had been hit at least three times and that I thought God had it in for me. She laughed. She is very familiar with my 'relationship' with God. In fact, it was Kootch who came up with the 'name' WHTZSM, sort of: I was pointing my finger toward the apartment upstairs. Forgetting the name of the tenant I used "what's his name." She thought I was referring to God, and WHTZSNM was born, back in the late '80s. I got to use this 'invention' for the first time in the late '80s with a woman who knocked on my door. She was proselyzing. She thought that my characterization was, 'Disrespectful.'
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?