Thursday, June 14, 2007

 

Never do Acid in the Closet

(5)

Acid disassembles your brain from the outside. Acid 'peels your onion,' so to say. Therefore the Brits' reaction of laughter: they were seeing themselves for the very first time and they laughed. They were seeing their social (military) hierarchy and it turned out to be ludicrous in the Acid environment. Both 'officers' and 'men' could see the artificial structure of their relationships, so they laughed. My experience confirms this.
For example, I saw myself on Acid, and I laughed. I saw the ego which sought to dominate the other over a chessboard and I laughed. I saw the ego which sought to achieve the admiration of the other (by piloting airplanes) and I laughed.
But these insights are pretty much incidental to an Acid Trip: Acid is not so much about self-discovery as it is about sheer ecstacy. Relevation happens, and revelation is important, but Acid is mostly about sheer sensual ecstacy. At least in the beginning.
After peaking, Acid is about reassembly. Revelation happens during reassembly.
And the interesting thing about the Acid Experience is that you never can quite reassemble yourself to the precise previous model. Something always changes. You are never quite the same. You come out of the Acid Experience slightly different. Not much, but enough.
Everyday experience does that to you too, of course, but rarely on the level of the Acid Experience.
There may be a 'cautionary tale' here: the Acid Experience might blunt the primary edge of your personality, affecting your entire life in some way. Whether that is a good or a bad thing can ultimately never be deduced.
I can tell you that Acid affected my love for women's panties significantly: I would always - after about 30 minutes of 'dropping' - run to the bedroom and slip into my most outrageous pink nylon panties. I would do the rest of the trip thus attired (under my shorts, of course). Acid does not clash with your sexual preferences unless you are a walking, talking, phoney son of a bitch. Never do Acid in any kind of a 'closet' environment.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?