Friday, June 01, 2007

 

Be Careful What You Invent

(5)

Clearly, after the recent news I needed to talk to God. Possible nuculer war with a Muslim nation demanded that folks like me who have access to the brown telephone dial god up. I felt guilty. I dialed 666. I expected the Jewish god WHTZSNM to answer.
Busy signal. Barf.
I stalled, waiting for an interview. I dialed again and again. My call was finally answered:
---------
gd: What was that 'I Love You' shit? We both know the magic words, and they are not, 'I love you.'
me: Light. The subject was light.
gd: Exactly. So what's this crap about 'love?'
me: A myth. I invented a myth.
gd: Be careful what you invent.
me: Point taken. I trust that you speak from experience?
gd: Ask a question or hang up.
me: Earth hangs in the balance...
gd: I know...
me: ...between the rational and the irrational...
gd: I know, I know. Go on.
me: Do You have a suggestion?
gd: Do you mind a brutally honest answer?
me: No.
gd: Suck up.
me Suck?
gd: Up.
----------
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?