Friday, May 11, 2007

 

Other Investigations

(2)

As I was reading a 'Crash Course ' in physics (courtesy of Cosmic Log) I noticed that I might have confused God in our most recent conversation by referring to the speed of light as, 'C.' The excellent article actually printed Einsteins equation (E=mc2) wherein the speed of light is clearly a lower-case symbol, and I was horrified (yes horrified!) to see that I might have misled God at a critical moment when He was very busy. I eventually finished the article but not before doing a Google search for microscopic black holes. How dangerous are they? The thread eventually led to How to destroy the earth, a fun look at how a very pissed off God might try to do us all in. I did not mention this article to God in our most recent communication, of course, because some things are better left unsaid. A transcript of the conversation will appear later tonight. In fact, why not do it now?

I think it was wednesday when I visited the Bemis Library for stir-crazy-related reasons, among others. I was drawn to the children's section for some reason. I asked the woman on duty where I might find 'science books for children.' She led me over to that section and explained the layout. When she got to the astronomy section I thanked her and picked up a book. I thumbed through it. Perfect! I took the book over to her desk to check it out. She directed me to the checkout section. Of course! But it has been years... I found checkout, and after a slight delay for technical reasons I was out of the library with my book.

Back home I began to read it. Alright! What a book!

It was then that I picked up the brown telephone and dialed 666.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?