Friday, May 18, 2007

 

Naughty Me

(2)

Had an interesting experience this afternoon: I'd noticed that there was a book store in the little shopping maul across from KSS and had made a note to visit it. Today was the day. The name of the store was, 'Logos.' So before buying a 16 wheeler of Natural Light from KSS today I gave it a visit. I was full of anticipation as I parked in front of the store: The only other book store within (boom) short driving range was decomissioned a couple of years ago with the demise of the Southglen Maul and I had missed it sorely. Was this my new book store?

I failed to notice the large yellow cross on the store name as I walked in, but it slowly dawned on me as I walked around inside that this was a special store devoted exclusively to Christian books. Barf. There were two people inside: the woman at the cash register and a tall male customer who was engaged in conversation with her. Should I? Dare I? I thought it over for a minute then made my decision.

During a lull in their conversation I asked the woman (good-looking yum-yum!) whether they stocked, 'God is not Great.' I added, 'I think I'm in the wrong place.' The book title did not ring a bell with the woman. The male customer remained silent. She began to search her inventory on the computer. I said, 'I didn't realize this was a Christian book store. It is not exactly a Christian book.' 'Then we don't have it,' she said, smiling. I thanked her and left.

Back in the car my conscience nagged me: had I planted a seed of destruction? Would one or both, out of curiosity, read the book and have their faith destroyed? Would Christianity collapse as a result, as a tidal wave of doubt swept concentrically out of Denver across the known world?

'Oh goodie!' I thought.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?