Friday, May 04, 2007

 

A Mysterious Book

(2)

Yesterday (thursday) was National Prayer Day (also a National Day of Prayer). Most people probably ignored it, but there is no question that many folks did their civic duty and prayed to whatever god they usually prayed to. My question was, 'Did it work?'

In an attempt to answer that question I picked up the brown telephone and dialed 666. WHTZSNM answered eventually, but I had to wait quite some time - in fact an unprecedented amount of time. Very unusual. God had always answered promptly in the past, and this was my first clue that something unusual was going on there in Heaven.
----------
gd: Make this quick. I am very busy at the moment.
me: This is National Prayer Day in America.
gd: America?
me: Let me guess: You are beseiged by prayer requests. Am I right?
gd: How did you know that?
me: I told you: National Prayer Day. It happens every year.
gd: Every year?
me: I understand that You are very busy, and therefore I will make this as brief as possible. I have only one question: what was Your source for the value of C?
gd: C what.
me: C. The speed of light.
gd: A book. I got it from a book. I don't wish to be rude but I am very busy (hangs up).
----------

That was the extent of our conversation. I was not surprised that He didn't recognize the meaning of 'America' or the meaning of 'year,' because He was obviously very busy at that moment. The conversation did yield a fascinating tidbit, however: His source for the value of C was 'a book.' Very interesting. I'll give him a little time to recompose Himself before calling Him again, but I must admit that I am very interested in the details surrounding that 'book.' No doubt so are you. Stay tuned.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?