Friday, May 04, 2007

 

The Beauty of Life

(4)

Continuing with the theme of modern vs ancient knowlege I found this on Cosmic Log, the MSNBC Science Blog. Einstein (predictably) likes Spinoza. Who would have thought...

Speaking of Cosmic Log, the Hubble Telescope recently celebrated a birthday vicariously.

I was a bit surprised to see that Susan Ertz was the author of the quote, 'Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.' I thought it was Bhagwan (or Osho). So I looked it up in Theologica Mystica. Sure enough: Osho attributes the saying to 'Murphy' (yes, that Murphy). Thank you, Anne (29-4-07) for the correction. I presume that Osho could not recall at the time exactly where he had read the quote (he was a voracious reader - unlike me nowadays) and was reduced to citing a mythical 'Maxim of Murphy.'

While I'm on the subject I ought to quote Osho at least once in TM since I have the book in hand. Lessee... what would be a good quote... Ok, here it is:

'Your saints have been poisoning you. The flowers have to be momentary otherwise they will be plastic. Life is beautiful only because it is fragile, because one moment it is there, the next it is gone. That's its whole beauty.'
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?