Friday, May 11, 2007

 

Amazing History

(5)

Which brings us to the recent Nightline debate between naive Christians and naive Atheists. What hilarity! I loved it! It was the occasion when The Rational Response Squad faced off with the The Way of the Master squad. Fun stuff! We need more of this. Our planet can only benefit from this kind of semi-serious discourse in a nuclear age.

As I watched that bizarre contest I was astonished by the naivete of people who presume to teach the rest of us about ultimate concerns. I marveled (for example) at how TRRS 'begged the question' by labeling The Universe as 'The Creation,' then offered us the conclusion that 'a creation needs a creator,' QED! Motherfuck! What powerful logic!

Then there was the case of the cop who confiscated some marijuana from a stash of evidence, then convinced his wife to cook up some of it in a batch of brownies. Both were drug-naive. What a story! Seems that after the Ganja took effect they panicked and called 911 thinking they were about to die. The male is quoted as saying something like, 'Time has slowed waaay down. I think we're dying. Please come.' That is soooo fucking funny!

lastly, there is the current PBS series on the 1998 Vatican decision to open secret records of The Inquisition. First there was the campaign against The Cathars; Then there was the campaign against the Jews and Muslims of Spain - very interesting to me, since my Catholic high school (BEHS) did not really teach that sort of history. The next installment is the European version, which almost nailed Galileo. I can hardly wait. Wednesday, I think.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?