Friday, April 27, 2007

 

'Yes.'

(2)

Continuing with the theme of 'tips from some of my favorite blogs' I was surprised at the news that Pope Benedict may soon declare Limbo obsolete (from Walk This Way, 04-25-07). I like the idea. Even in HS religion class I was put off by the idea that innocent babies and others had no hope of entering paradise. It just didn't make sense: eternal life in Heaven or in Hell could not logically be based on 'the luck of birth.' Greek Logic has found its way to the Vatican! This is a good sign, folks.

And on another tip from Pharyngula, Nightline will air an 'Atheist Debate' on May 5. Should be fun. (I will present one last tidbit (from Walk This Way) when I sign off for the night. Hopefully I will not be too drunk to remember...)

Stephen Hawking got to experience 'zero G' recently. I love that story! I had read one of his books some years ago which described 'Black Holes' and I was very impressed. How fitting that Hawking recently got to experience the precise opposite! Maybe there is a God after all... Hawking thinks that Humanity has no assured future on Earth, and must migrate to survive. I tend to agree. This is an especially important point if you are a believer in reincarnation.

Hooray for Colonel Yingling. This guy shows us that generals eventually become cowards, while colonels lag behind, in the line of fire.

Which brings us to the Democratic Debate. I watched some of it. The high point of the debate was Biden's single word answer ('Yes') to the question concerning whether or not he would be able to control his natural verbiosity in the coming campaign.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?