Friday, April 13, 2007

 

The Week That Was

(1)

Quick update: the leak was fixed by ONP tuesday. I called TO monday and we agreed that 'sooner is better.' TO requested that ONP call him (ASAP) (tap) to confirm. I later called TO and TO assured me that ONP had indeed called him. ONP arrived on schedule tuesday afternoon and did the necessary repairs. I like ONP! Not only did he do the job well, he charged 20 dollars less per hour than OOOP. Kootch wrote him a (tap) check.

This has been an interesting week in the cultural flux. Imus peaked suddenly then fell back into the noise, and we all learned the meaning of 'nappy-headed ho.'

I think Imus' major sin was attacking the loser. Why attack the loser? 'Hard core hos?' With 'tatoos?' But they lost. And the winners were 'cute?' 'Cute' (but not nappy-headed) hos? Imus' attack doesn't make sense unless he suddenly realized that he had crossed a line and needed to 'make up.' Too late. There was blood in the water and Reverend Sharpton and Reverend Jackson (among other reverends) were maneuvering into position. Imus was 'fired,' scapegoated for having briefly become a mirror to the Black Community. Having been fired Imus was forgiven, but now comes the crunch so far as The Black Community is concerned: will they begin teaching their children Mozart in lieu if Rap and Hip-Hop? We shall see.

Not that I am a fan of Imus. Gossip does not appeal to me, not even male gossip. I have seen Imus on those rare days when I wake up very early, but I was always turned off by the cowboy hat and the long hair, not to mention the stream of consciousness quality of the show.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?