Friday, April 13, 2007

 

Looking for Mister Goodgod

(4)

Which brings us to my favorite subject tonight, 'Found Ideas.' Culture is pervasive and complex and rarely are we as individuals able to come up with a genuinely new idea. But we can find 'new' ideas if we are willing to look around. True, those 'found ideas' will not be original - we will not have created them - but they will be new to us, and therefore worthwhile. So this section is devoted to that subject.

Most of my 'found ideas' were found in books I have read. Here are a few: (Whoa! I just found Osho on the web! I did a search for The Mustard Seed and eventually arrived at a video of Osho (Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh)! Wow! ('Osho' is a name Bhagwan adopted about 1989.) Oh... my... god! What a find! Whew. Which brings us to the following 'found idea' from The Mustard Seed:

----------

'The God has died into this universe; he cannot remain aloof; he is in it, he is lost in it. That's why you cannot find God. You go to the Himalayas, to Mecca, to Kashi, or anywhere you like: you will not find him anywhere, because he is here, everywhere!'

----------

Pure Pantheism. This conflict between Western and Eastern ideas of God are explored in the book, The Private Sea, by William Braden. The question is between a god who is immanent and a god who is transcendent. The LSD Experience seems to point to a god who is immanent, and that has been my personal LSD experience. Jesus never showed up during my Acid Trips, even as an hallucination. Nor did I ever get the feeling that god was watching me as I tripped my brains out.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?