Friday, March 30, 2007

 

The VOOT

(4)

Here is one of the reasons I don't allow comments on my blogs. In fact I am used to getting 'death threats' from above (upstairs). These 'threats' were never so explicit, but were conveyed in such a way that they could not be mis-interpreted. I called them, VSDTs (very subtle death threats). They began in the early '90s. They were the kind of death threats a lawyer might issue. Basically, these VSDTs came in the form of stomps above as I watched some reference to violence on tv. These VSDTs continued for years and I eventually got used to them. I still get them from time to time.

Feeling generous before tax time?

The Chocolate Jesus is making news today, as is the miraculous healing of a French nun (of Parkinson's Disease, the affliction which tortured John Paul II during his last years). I usually like the idea of being a 'wet blanket,' but in this case I don't. Could this be a case of 'sympathetic symptom' (I don't know the official psychological term for it) which was relieved by the death of the beloved? It's a juicy psychological theory. Isn't it? Yes? No? Should The Church take that into consideration?

Don't get me wrong: JPII was a saint. That is obvious. No need for technicalities in that regard. The Vatican should declare JPII a saint living in heaven without further ado.

Jesus chocolat (actually, 'My sweet Lord) 'is an interesting scupture which made the news today. It depicts Jesus on the cross (cross deleted- not enough chocolate?) naked. From what I have seen on tv, Jesus has a dick (bigger than mine, by the way). Naughty comments include the question of which part of that gigantic chocolate bar you would nibble on first. Catholics are outraged of course.

I am torn. I like Jesus. But I also like the cultural processes which demystify (bust) ancient religious myths. Needless to say I glory in the controversy. By the way: If you like Jesus and would like to expand your understanding of Jesus I recommend these two books which interpret Jesus from an Eastern point of view: I Say Onto You, and The Mustard Seed. These two books will show you why 'modern televangelists' rarely make reference to the New Testament, prefering to remain safely within the Very Old and Odius Testament version - or Revelations.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?